Sustainable energy and the sustainability of society have the full attention of business and politics. On an abstract level, such as with the climate targets, but also at a very practical level: how do you realize and finance a geothermal, ground-coupled heat exchange, wind turbine or solar energy project? Developments are rapid, the stakes are high and cooperation between the parties and institutions involved is complex. It is precisely with these complex projects, in which technology and legal aspects overlap and multiple parties are involved, that we have gained a wealth of experience.
Our team of specialists knows the tricks of the trade and can get things moving. We help parties active in sustainable energy projects in many areas. Some examples:
- Guidance for contracts such as construction/EPC (such as FIDIC and Uniform Administrative Conditions (UAV/UAV-GC)), O&M, financing, procurement and sales, stakeholder structuring, PPA, grid integration
- Providing insight into what is fundable and what the market standard is
- Guidance on applying for permits and zoning procedures
- Procurement of components and installations
- Acquisition of sites and real rights, such as building and planting rights and leasehold rights
- Handling of objections and appeals before all relevant bodies
- Setting up and deploying citizen participation
- Advice on problems with a sustainable energy transition subsidy scheme (SDE) and other incentives for sustainable energy projects
- Advice on invitations for the realization of a project
- Acting as project counsel: hands-on handling of all legal aspects of a project; stimulating cooperation to bring projects to fruition
- Energy transition: direct current, closed distribution systems, models for citizen participation, CO2 emissions, and completely new concepts for energy storage
It may well be that your precise challenge is not included in the above list. But don't worry: We like to sink our teeth into any innovative topic and are eager to hear your story and ambitions. We would be happy to explore the possibilities with you.