Privacy statement Cees Advocaten N.V.
Cees Advocaten N.V. handles personal data of visitors of its website with the utmost care. The data that Cees Advocaten N.V. collects are used to enter into and fulfil the agreements regarding our legal services, manage the resulting relationships, keep in touch to be able to serve you properly, keep web statistics and comply with the statutory obligations of Cees Advocaten N.V. These data include your name, organisation, position, address, telephone number and email address. We respect the privacy of our clients. Personal data are processed in a manner that is consistent with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Cees Advocaten N.V. handles the personal information you provide with care. This also applies to information you provide to Cees Advocaten N.V. via the website. The personal information you give us is always treated confidentially.
Use of data
We use the data you have entered via the contact form or collected during the intake to respond to your question, request or order. The data end up with Cees Advocaten N.V. In the aforementioned case, your data will only be processed to establish your identity, to prevent misuse by third parties and to establish and maintain contact with you.
Cees Advocaten N.V. processes your personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- Your consent (you can also withdraw this by contacting us);
- For the execution of an agreement to which you are a party (e.g. the provision of our legal services);
- To comply with a legal obligation incumbent upon us;
- To protect our legitimate interest or that of a third party. Our interest, for example, is to improve the website by finding out what information is most relevant to visitors.
We do not make the personal information available to third parties. In the performance of its work, Cees Advocaten N.V. engages third parties who provide services to us (including the management of digital files and time registration). A processor's agreement has been concluded with these parties, which guarantees the security of your personal data. Cees Advocaten N.V. will disclose the personal information only if we are obliged to do so, for example in the context of the prevention or detection of criminal offences. As part of the application of the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act, we may have to report an unusual transaction to FIU-Netherlands. The personal information will not be provided to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
In order to prevent unauthorised inspection of your personal data, Cees Advocaten N.V. has taken various technical and organisational security measures, including measures against unauthorised access, unauthorised use, unauthorised amendment, unlawful and unintentional destruction and unintentional loss. All personal information is treated confidentially and is stored on secure servers.
The website of Cees Advocaten N.V. contains links to websites of other organisations. Cees Advocaten N.V. is not responsible for the content of these websites. Cees Advocaten N.V. is also not responsible for the privacy protection on those websites or for services that may be offered via those websites.
You can disable these cookies through your browser but this may affect the functioning of our website. You can only delete cookies yourself, as they are stored on your computer. Please consult your browser manual.
Your personal data will not be kept longer than is strictly necessary for proper administration. Cees Advocaten N.V. applies a period of two years after the last contact, after which the data will be destroyed. If data have been obtained within the framework of a client investigation under the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act, these data will be retained until five years after the termination of the assignment. The law may prescribe a different retention period. If so, Cees Advocaten N.V. will comply with the prescribed statutory retention period. Files will be kept for at least 10 years, after which Cees Advocaten N.V. has the right to proceed with destruction.
Your rights as a data subject
- right to information: the right to know if and what personal data of yours are processed and for what purpose;
- right of inspection: the right to inspect and copy data in so far as this does not violate the privacy of another person. Cees Advocaten N.V. will indicate which personal data are involved, the purpose of the use, and the origin of the data if and to the extent that this is known.
- the right to correct, supplement or delete data if necessary (right of correction and deletion). The right to request full or partial deletion of your data can only be complied with if the retention of the data is not of significant importance to another person and if the data do not need to be retained by law;
- the right to object: the right to oppose the processing of your data in certain cases.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please inform Cees Advocaten N.V. in writing/by email. If your request is rejected, you will be told why. One reason may be that your file contains information that is/may be of interest to others. You will receive written notification from Cees Advocaten N.V. within 4 weeks after receipt of your request.
Also if you have a complaint about the manner in which your personal data are processed, you can contact Cees Advocaten N.V., which will then try to resolve the matter with you.
Our current contact details can be found on the website of Cees Advocaten N.V. If you send Cees Advocaten N.V. a message about this statement or about a subject related to it, please include 'Privacy statement' in the subject line.
Privacy Statement amendment
Cees Advocaten N.V. reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement. The most recent and valid Privacy Statement is available online on our website for perusal.